Six-Layer Dinner Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Layer beef with onions, potatoes and green pepper, seasoning each layer lightly with salt and pepper. Top with celery, tomatoes and basil.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 233 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Six-Layer Dinner
"this recipe is very tasty. The only thing I would like to know is it six or eight servings for that calorie count? I would like the recipe to specify."