- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Layer beef with onions, potatoes and green pepper, seasoning each layer lightly with salt and pepper. Top with celery, tomatoes and basil.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Six-Layer Dinner in Country Ground Beef 1993, p81
Reviews for Six-Layer Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2012
"this recipe is very tasty. The only thing I would like to know is it six or eight servings for that calorie count? I would like the recipe to specify."