Six-ingredient Basil Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 18 to 20 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil and sugar. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Six-ingredient Basil Tomato Soup
Sort By :
I have been making this delicious soup for 4 or 5 years now and my family and I love it! It is my favorite tomato soup and definitely a winner!
This soup is our family's absolute favorite! We use skim milk instead of the whipping cream. It works wonderfully.
Never provided a review before, but this is so simple and delicious I felt I should. Only sub was fat free half/half for cream and used 1/2 stick of lite butter. Served with homemade reduced fat texas toast.
Can this be frozen after preparing? Sounds delicious!
This is a fantastic tomato soup as is! We use 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 can diced tomatoes. After a bit of experimentation, we add a bit of baking soda (less than 1/8 tsp) to cut the acidity and cut the butter in half. Canned milk is a good alternative to whipping cream, too.