After bringing this six-ingredient soup to a teachers' function, I had so many requests for the recipe that it was published in the school newsletter. I serve the rich soup in mugs with a Caesar salad and crusty bread.—Sarah Perkins, Southlake, Texas
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 18 to 20 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil and sugar. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Basil Tomato Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p16
Reviews for Six-ingredient Basil Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review