- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 18 to 20 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil and sugar. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSix-ingredient Basil Tomato Soup
"I halved the recipe, but I should have made the entire amount! It was delicious. I did use less basil, because I didn't have as much on hand as I thought, but still fantastic and easy!"
"Omg, this was delicious!!!! I followed the recipe to the letter, & it was fantastic!! I have made it 3 times in the last 3 weeks!!"
"This soup is super easy and the taste is very good. Made with grilled sandwiches."
"This soup is delicious! I sometimes substitute light cream for the whipping cream but It's delicious either way! Our church has served it at our Lenten Luncheon and everybody raves about it!"
"Everyone in my family loves this recipe! Tastes just like I've had in restaurants! I actually cut back on the heavy cream by half and used a half cup milk. It was perfect!"
"A little tangy to start with, but the flavor grew on me. Might add a little more sugar next time."
"I made this tonight. My husband likes things a little spicy so I added garlic salt, creole seasoning and salt. The.n sprinkled with Parmesan cheese in the bowl ( my husband added some hot sauce to his too) yummy on a cold night!"
"This soup is our family's absolute favorite! We use skim milk instead of the whipping cream. It works wonderfully."
"Can this be frozen after preparing? Sounds delicious!"