Six-ingredient Basil Tomato Soup Recipe
After bringing this six-ingredient soup to a teachers' function, I had so many requests for the recipe that it was published in the school newsletter. I serve the rich soup in mugs with a Caesar salad and crusty bread.—Sarah Perkins, Southlake, Texas
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 18 to 20 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil and sugar. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 214 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC