"For a large group, try doubling this recipe and layering it in a punch bowl," writes Verna Peterson from Omaha, Nebraska. "Let guests serve themselves. Don't be surprised if the bowl gets licked clean."
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium peach or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 9-in.
- round baking pan. Cool; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large bowl,
- combine the pineapple, bananas, peaches and 1/2 cup strawberries.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar; beat
- until stiff peaks form.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, fruit mixture,
- pudding and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Top with blueberries, kiwi
- and remaining strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or
- overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.