- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium peach or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 9-in. round baking pan. Cool; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, bananas, peaches and 1/2 cup strawberries.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, fruit mixture, pudding and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Top with blueberries, kiwi and remaining strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Six-Fruit Trifle
Sort By :
"I was surprised to see no reviews for this dessert as it is my husband's favourite (minus the banana). It is very easy (especially since I use the store bought pound cake) and turns out great every time. In fact when I bring this to potlucks now, I am usually asked to bring two - one for everyone and one for the kitchen staff, otherwise there is none left when they get around to eating :-)"