Six-Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup cubed honeydew
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 large ripe banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with orange juice and stir gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Six-Fruit Salad
"I prepared this salad tonight and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The recipe is embarrassingly simple but oh so good. I omitted the melon as I couldn't find any here in January and we were out of bananas so I omitted those, too. It is a delicious salad. I highly recommend this salad as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."
"Pretty simple salad. I presented it in a hollowed out watermelon."