- 1/2 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) white kidney beans (Canellini), drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or to taste
- 6 slices bacon
- Form the Italian sausage into 1-in. balls. Brown in skillet, drain. Combine with remaining ingredients, except bacon, in 5-qt. casserole or in small roasting pan. Partially cook bacon in microwave or on stovetop; arrange over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Six-Bean Casserole in Country Woman July/August 1989, p29
Reviews for Six-Bean Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2016
"This was fabulous. I would definitely make it again."
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2009
"I have been making these for many years.The men are dissappointed if I don't bring them to our potluck dinners. They are a hitwherever I take them."