Sittin Pretty Peanut Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Peanut M&M's
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in peanuts. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- 4. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill centers with vanilla frosting and top with M&M's. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 252 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Sittin Pretty Peanut Cookies
"I make these every Christmas. They can be made for any holiday using different peanut M&Ms or anytime. They have a nice flavor as well."