Sittin Pretty Peanut Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Peanut M&M's
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in peanuts. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- 4. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill centers with vanilla frosting and top with M&M's. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 252 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sittin Pretty Peanut Cookies
"I make these every Christmas. They can be made for any holiday using different peanut M&Ms or anytime. They have a nice flavor as well."