For fun cookies that look as good as they taste, try this easy recipe. They have lots of peanut flavor, fluffy frosting middles and holiday-colored peanut M&M's on top.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Peanut M&M's
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in peanuts. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill centers with vanilla frosting and top with M&M's. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sittin Pretty Peanut Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p30
Reviews for Sittin Pretty Peanut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2010
"I make these every Christmas. They can be made for any holiday using different peanut M&Ms or anytime. They have a nice flavor as well."