Sirloin with Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt, pepper and paprika; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef on all sides in oil. Add the onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce and mustard; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. Combine remaining flour and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream. Heat gently (do not boil). Serve beef and sauce over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 271 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Sirloin with Sour Cream Sauce
"I also left out the mushrooms but followed everything else. I LOVED it and so did my husband. This is going to be our new go to recipe for stroganoff, etc."
"I left out the mushrooms, since I don't like them and it was still tasty. Served it over mashed potatoes. Easy to prepare."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.