Sirloin with Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt, pepper and paprika; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef on all sides in oil. Add the onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce and mustard; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Combine remaining flour and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream. Heat gently (do not boil). Serve beef and sauce over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sirloin with Sour Cream Sauce(2)
Sort By :
I also left out the mushrooms but followed everything else. I LOVED it and so did my husband. This is going to be our new go to recipe for stroganoff, etc.
I left out the mushrooms, since I don't like them and it was still tasty. Served it over mashed potatoes. Easy to prepare.