Sirloin with Blue Cheese Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, butter, walnuts, parsley and 3/4 teaspoon rosemary. Shape into a 5-in. log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a small food processor, combine the garlic cloves, salt, pepper and remaining rosemary. Cover and process until blended. Rub over both sides of steaks.
- 3. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Unwrap blue cheese butter; cut two 1/2-in.-slices from log. Place one slice on each steak. Rewrap remaining butter; refrigerate for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 5 teaspoons blue cheese butter equals 316 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Sirloin with Blue Cheese Butter
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.