- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, butter, walnuts, parsley and 3/4 teaspoon rosemary. Shape into a 5-in. log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small food processor, combine the garlic cloves, salt, pepper and remaining rosemary. Cover and process until blended. Rub over both sides of steaks.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Unwrap blue cheese butter; cut two 1/2-in.-slices from log. Place one slice on each steak. Rewrap remaining butter; refrigerate for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sirloin with Blue Cheese Butter
Sort By :
My husband loves blue cheese. this was a perfect and easy recipe for a weeknight. It would also be perfect for a special meal with friends & family.
Me and almost all my guests found the blue cheese way too over powering. It was good but in very very small quantities. I think using a different cheese would have been better. I did not use near as much rosemary. I felt the recipe was too time consuming and expensive with all the ingredients. I have used store bought (dry rub) marinates that were much better. It wasn't bad by an means but I would probably never make it again unless I tried to alter the recipe.
Easy and tasty.
I have made this several times and it is delicious! I don't care for steak but the blue cheese butter makes it delic!
I would use less rosemary. Had a very over powering taste.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Butter Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >