Sirloin Veggie Kabobs Recipe
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 16 fresh baby portobello or large fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef cubes. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour the remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add the mushrooms, onions and peppers. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for up to 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Two kabobs equal 268 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sirloin Veggie Kabobs
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.