Sirloin Veggie Kabobs Recipe
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 16 fresh baby portobello or large fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef cubes. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour the remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add the mushrooms, onions and peppers. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for up to 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 268 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sirloin Veggie Kabobs
"Very good. Liked the refreshing balsamic flavor that comes through and not so heavy that you lose the fresh flavor of the meat and veggies."
"Easy and delicious. The main flavor you'll taste is the balsamic vinegar."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.