- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a skillet, brown beef in butter; remove and set aside. To the same skillet, add the oil and mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add beef; transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cream, broth, wine or additional broth, Dijon mustard and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir into meat mixture until blended. Serve over noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Tips With Mushrooms in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p122
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sirloin Tips With Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review