"This is a super-fast way to prepare Stroganoff without all the extra simmering involved," writes Mary Wilhelm of Sparta, Wisconsin. "For a change of pace, I use boneless chicken breast strips instead of beef. Served with a salad and dessert, your meal is complete."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon beef stew seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning mix and water; set aside. In a
- large skillet, saute beef in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add
- the mushrooms and seasoning mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and peas;
- heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 280 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.