Sirloin Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked beef sirloin or round steak, cut into thin strips
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, peppers and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, basil, sugar, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add steak; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine, no-salt-added stewed tomatoes and garlic powder; calculated without rice) equals 273 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.