Sirloin Stir-Fry with Ramen Noodles Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1. Set aside seasoning packets from noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup broth until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink. Add soy sauce; cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove beef and keep warm.
- 3. Add the corn, broccoli, red pepper, carrots, onions and remaining broth to the pan. Sprinkle with contents of seasoning packets. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles. Add beef and noodles to pan; heat through. Garnish with peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 593 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 2,022 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.