For a tasty main dish that's ready in minutes, Kim Shea of Wethersfield, Connecticut jazzes up leftovers with colorful fresh peppers and convenient canned tomatoes. The slightly sweet combination looks appealing over rice.
Recommended: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked beef sirloin or round steak, cut into thin strips
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, peppers and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, basil, sugar, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add steak; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p36
Reviews for Sirloin Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review