Sirloin Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°.
- 2. Spread cut side of roll tops with mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish. Slice steak diagonally; place on roll bottoms. Top with cheese and roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 490 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.