Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
This is a fun sandwich to pack into a brown bag lunch. If a microwave is available, warm it just enough to melt the cheese.—Marlene Wiczek, Little Falls, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side
- or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- Spread cut side of roll tops with mayonnaise, mustard and
- horseradish. Slice steak diagonally; place on roll bottoms. Top with
- cheese and roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 490 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.