Sirloin Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown beef over medium heat in oil; drain. Add the green pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add salsa; cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 2. Spoon 3/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold one side over filling and roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
1 fajita equals 313 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sirloin Steak Fajitas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.