Mom is always happy to share her cooking, and these tender, tasty beef sandwiches are a real crowd-pleaser. A simple three-ingredient marinade flavors the grilled beef wonderfully.
-Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 2 hours + chilling
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope beef au jus gravy mix
- 1 dozen French rolls, split
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil and
- juice. Remove 1/2 cup for basting. Add the roast to remaining
- marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate reserved
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat
- for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with
- reserved marinate. Remove from the grill; let stand for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, prepare gravy mix according to package
- directions. Thinly slice roast; add to the gravy and heat through.
- Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot