- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope beef au jus gravy mix
- 1 dozen French rolls, split
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil and juice. Remove 1/2 cup for basting. Add the roast to remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinate. Remove from the grill; let stand for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Thinly slice roast; add to the gravy and heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p35
Reviews for Sirloin Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012
"I added provolone cheese for a french dip"