Sirloin on the Grill Recipe
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the beer, onion, chili sauce, oil, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, pepper sauce and, if desired, Liquid Smoke. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef (calculated without Liquid Smoke): 263 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Sirloin on the Grill
"For medium rare steak the temperature should read 125 degrees, not 145 degrees."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.