Sirloin on the Grill Recipe
Marinated in onions, beer, mustard and chili sauce, this moist and tender beef boasts a wonderful grilled flavor. Debbi Jahaaski of San Diego, California shares this sure-fire recipe.
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, onion, chili sauce, oil, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, pepper sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sirloin Steak in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sirloin on the Grill(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2011
For medium rare steak the temperature should read 125 degrees, not 145 degrees.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >