Sirloin in Wine Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and mustard. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in butter until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Add consomme and wine. Stir in the mushrooms, onions and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sirloin in Wine Sauce(3)
Sort By :
"Keeper" was the immediate reaction! Had to use condensed beef broth instead of the consomme I coulda sworn I had, so I added 1 tsp cornstarch at the 10 minute simmer mark and gave it another 5 minutes to thicken, worked just fine. Served on hot rice due to family pref. Just plain delicious, and so easy and quick!
This is a quick and easy dinner. My family loves it. I serve it with a toss salad, dinner rolls and a glass of red wine!
Yummy recipe-I added minced garlic and black pepper and some Worcestershire sauce. I sprinkled fresh minced parsley over the finished dish and served it with broccoli and garlic toast-a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >