Sirloin Caesar Salad Recipe
A tangy sauce that combines bottled salad dressing, lemon juice and Dijon mustard flavors this filling main-dish salad. "You save on cleanup time because both the steak and bread are cooked on the grill," comments Carol Sinclair of St. Elmon, Illinois.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the salad dressing, mustard and lemon juice; set aside 3/4 cup. Pour remaining dressing mixture over the steak. Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Brush both sides of bread with 1/4 cup of the reserved dressing mixture. Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Wrap in foil and set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Place romaine and tomato on a serving platter. Slice steak diagonally; arrange over salad. Serve with toasted bread and remaining dressing mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sirloin Caesar Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Caesar Salads >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >