Serve this succulent beef with fluffy mashed potatoes, fresh greens and crusty bread—it's a meal fit for company!Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds beef top sirloin or round steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large resealable bag, combine the onion, lemon juice, oil,
- garlic salt, thyme, oregano, celery salt and pepper; add beef. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil steak 6 in. from the heat for 8
- minutes. Brush with butter and turn. Broil 6 minutes longer or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). May be
- frozen up to 3 months. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.