Singapore Satay Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned peeled cucumber
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a cutting board and shred.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter. Whisk in the apple juice, lime juice, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto roll bottoms; top with romaine, carrots, cucumber and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 388 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer