Singapore Satay Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned peeled cucumber
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a cutting board and shred.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter. Whisk in the apple juice, lime juice, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto roll bottoms; top with romaine, carrots, cucumber and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich: 388 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Singapore Satay Sandwiches
"Nice variation of a chicken sandwich, though my family did not really care for it with all the extras."
"Really fun and exciting recipe. A bit of a variation from your standard sandwich. Family loved it though."
"Singapore satay sandwiches is one my family simply loves, and one we make whenever we have all the ingredients. It's so easy to do and so good to eat. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box."