“My grandkids think this shredded chicken is the best thing under a bun. The peanut butter flavor and fresh fruit and veggie toppings make it a fun, packable sandwich for lunches.” —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned peeled cucumber
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a cutting board and shred.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter. Whisk in the apple juice, lime juice, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto roll bottoms; top with romaine, carrots, cucumber and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Singapore Satay Sandwiches in Country Woman April/May 2009, p40
Reviews for Singapore Satay Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review