Simply Sinful Breakfast Bake Recipe
This hearty brunch bake is an easy way to prepare breakfast for a crowd. Just assemble the two casseroles the night before and pop them in the oven in the morning. Feel free to try whatever meat and vegetables you’d use in your favorite omelet. You can also vary the flavor by seasoning the sauce with Italian, Mexican or Indian spices. For a healthier version, use low-fat dairy products, egg substitute and low-sodium bacon.Alison Gilmore, Portland, Oregon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old white bread
- 2 packages (1 pound each) sliced bacon, diced
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Remove crusts from bread and cut into 1-in. cubes; divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Layer casseroles with zucchini, mushrooms, bacon and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Originally published as Simply Sinful Breakfast Bake in The Taste of Home Cookbook
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Simply Sinful Breakfast Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >