My kitchen counter is covered with these crispy crowd-pleasers at Christmastime. I make them for friends and family. I also add them to care packages our church delivers to area senior citizens.
21 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add flour; mix just until
- combined. Stir in coconut, sesame seeds and almonds. Chill for 15
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-diameter roll.
- Wrap each roll in waxed paper, twisting ends to seal. Refrigerate
- for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove waxed paper. Cut dough into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about
- 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 183 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.