Simply Sesames Recipe
My kitchen counter is covered with these crispy crowd-pleasers at Christmastime. I make them for friends and family. I also add them to care packages our church delivers to area senior citizens.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add flour; mix just until combined. Stir in coconut, sesame seeds and almonds. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-diameter roll. Wrap each roll in waxed paper, twisting ends to seal. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove waxed paper. Cut dough into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Simply Sesames in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p34
Reviews for Simply Sesames(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review