Simply Seasoned Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine mustard and honey. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil and butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half : 321 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Simply Seasoned Chicken
"I have made this recipe twice and really enjoyed it. The chicken is very flavorful."
"Simple to make and yet the flavor is wonderful. My kinda cookin'."
"I used half the mustard and this recipe was excellent! I will definitely make it again!!"
"I only used t tbsp of mustard instead of 2 but other than that, I made it as written and it was excellent."
"My family thought it was just ok. I have several other seasoned chicken recipes that I like much better. Glad I tried it but I wouldn't make again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.