Simply Seasoned Chicken
This recipe is a must-have for a no-fuss, breezy weeknight meal. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine
- mustard and honey. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs
- and seasonings. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumb
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil and butter
- for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 321 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.