- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine mustard and honey. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil and butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Simply Seasoned Chicken
Sort By :
I have made this recipe twice and really enjoyed it. The chicken is very flavorful.
Simple to make and yet the flavor is wonderful. My kinda cookin'.
I used half the mustard and this recipe was excellent! I will definitely make it again!!
I only used t tbsp of mustard instead of 2 but other than that, I made it as written and it was excellent.
My family thought it was just ok. I have several other seasoned chicken recipes that I like much better. Glad I tried it but I wouldn't make again.