Simply Fudgy Brownies
I don't know where I got this recipe, but I've had it for over 30 years - it's written on an old yellow piece of paper. Adding chocolate chips was my idea. When my children were in school, I found out they were selling these brownies to their friends!
-Marjorie Hoyt, Center Conway, New Hampshire
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine oil and cocoa until smooth; set aside. In a
- large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and cocoa mixture.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture just
- until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with chocolate
- chips. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 16 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.