Simply Fudgy Brownies Recipe
I don't know where I got this recipe, but I've had it for over 30 years - it's written on an old yellow piece of paper. Adding chocolate chips was my idea. When my children were in school, I found out they were selling these brownies to their friends! -Marjorie Hoyt, Center Conway, New Hampshire
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine oil and cocoa until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and cocoa mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 brownies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC