I don't know where I got this recipe, but I've had it for over 30 years - it's written on an old yellow piece of paper. Adding chocolate chips was my idea. When my children were in school, I found out they were selling these brownies to their friends! -Marjorie Hoyt, Center Conway, New Hampshire
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine oil and cocoa until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and cocoa mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 brownies.
Originally published as Simply Fudgy Brownies in Reminisce Extra August 2001, p52
Reviews for Simply Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2011
"Like the names says, it is really simple to make. I used sunflower oil, since I never buy canola oil, and I was IN HEAVEN, when I tasted it. It's like out of this world!!!"
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2010
"it was OKbut it wasnt fudgy at all..is more cake-likenote that i omitted the nutsand baked in a 9inch pan (thats a mistake)"
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2010
"Very sticky batter. Shiny top. Not TOO fudgy."