If you’ve only had tomato soup from a can, you’re going to be blown away when you try a bowl of this. It’s velvety, creamy and oh-so-good!—Heidi Blanken, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
- 4 pounds tomatoes (about 10 medium)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Using a slotted spoon, place tomatoes, one at a time, in boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Remove each tomato and immediately plunge in ice water. Peel and quarter tomatoes; remove seeds.
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Add tomatoes, 2 tablespoons chives, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup until blended. Return to the pan. Stir in cream; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with remaining chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simply Elegant Tomato Soup in Country Woman June/July 2011, p11
Reviews for Simply Elegant Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review