Simply Delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches
Mushrooms add a different touch to these comforting roast beef sandwiches. I like to pile the shredded beef high on Kaiser rolls.Scott Powell, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 15 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and
- soup mix; stir in celery. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for
- 8-10 hours or until meat is tender, adding mushrooms during the last
- hour of cooking.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. When
- cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow
- cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 307 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium,