Simply Delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 15 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and soup mix; stir in celery. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender, adding mushrooms during the last hour of cooking.
- 2. Remove meat from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 15 servings.
1 sandwich equals 307 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Simply Delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches
"It was a terrible waste of time and money. We threw it away rather than having to face eating it."