- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 15 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and soup mix; stir in celery. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender, adding mushrooms during the last hour of cooking.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Simply Delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches
"I recently made this with a few of my own personal additions and loved it - the recipe as written would be good I think but I wanted more flavor punch so I used a packet of au jus mix along with the onion soup mix and I added about 2 to 3 T worcestershire sauce, a teaspoon of dried thyme and a few shakes of tabasco. I also added one chopped green bell pepper along with the celery. I thought it had wonderful flavor and the leftovers were even better. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!"
"It was a terrible waste of time and money. We threw it away rather than having to face eating it."