Mushrooms add a different touch to these comforting roast beef sandwiches. I like to pile the shredded beef high on Kaiser rolls.—Scott Powell, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 15 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and soup mix; stir in celery. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender, adding mushrooms during the last hour of cooking.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Simply Delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p25
Reviews for Simply Delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review