Simply Decorated Cupcakes
With a pretty martini glass, a frosted cupcake and a ribbon, you can dazzle your guests with a fancy, yet fuss-free dessert. "I made these cupcakes for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary," says Angela Miller from Cloverdale, Indiana. "It's a great way to bring elegance to a simple dessert everyone loves."
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Halved large marshmallows and gumdrops
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill paper-lined
- muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or
- until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve
- spreading consistency.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry bag. Insert #20 star pastry
- tip. Fill bag half full with frosting. Beginning with the outer edge
- of each cupcake, pipe frosting in thin concentric circles about 1/2
- in. apart. Tie a ribbon around each cupcake if desired. Yield: 2
- dozen (3 cups frosting).