With a pretty martini glass, a frosted cupcake and a ribbon, you can dazzle your guests with a fancy, yet fuss-free dessert. "I made these cupcakes for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary," says Angela Miller from Cloverdale, Indiana. "It's a great way to bring elegance to a simple dessert everyone loves."
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Halved large marshmallows and gumdrops
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry bag. Insert #20 star pastry tip. Fill bag half full with frosting. Beginning with the outer edge of each cupcake, pipe frosting in thin concentric circles about 1/2 in. apart. Tie a ribbon around each cupcake if desired. Yield: 2 dozen (3 cups frosting).
Originally published as Simply Decorated Cupcakes in Taste of Home
Reviews for Simply Decorated Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2009
"what do you use the martini glass, marshmallows and gumdrops for. I don't see any reference to these items in the recipe."