Simply Decorated Cupcakes Recipe
With a pretty martini glass, a frosted cupcake and a ribbon, you can dazzle your guests with a fancy, yet fuss-free dessert. "I made these cupcakes for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary," says Angela Miller from Cloverdale, Indiana. "It's a great way to bring elegance to a simple dessert everyone loves."
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Halved large marshmallows and gumdrops
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry bag. Insert #20 star pastry tip. Fill bag half full with frosting. Beginning with the outer edge of each cupcake, pipe frosting in thin concentric circles about 1/2 in. apart. Tie a ribbon around each cupcake if desired. Yield: 2 dozen (3 cups frosting).
Originally published as Simply Decorated Cupcakes in Taste of Home
Reviews for Simply Decorated Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2009
what do you use the martini glass, marshmallows and gumdrops for. I don't see any reference to these items in the recipe.