Simply-a-Must Dinner Rolls Recipe
I make these fluffy, buttery rolls every year. They always turn out velvety and crisp and any leftovers work wonderfully for sandwiches. —Michelle Minaker, Two Rivers, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 10 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; brush with butter. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- 3. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 roll equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC