Simply-a-Must Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; brush with butter. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- 3. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 124 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Simply-a-Must Dinner Rolls
"This recipe is a keeper. I do this in my bread machine. Thank You for sharing ! Rockland Baker"
"Experimented with this recipe before Thanksgiving among others and it was the winner. Did cut back a touch on the sugar. Split into fourths to roll out and my family has devoured every batch!"
"These were good. I used a little too much sugar in this recipe, but otherwise they turned out fantastic. I can't wait for another dinner where I can make these as a side."
"This was a fantastic recipe. I let them rise a little billte longer, used 1/2 cup of butter instead of oil and bushed with butter before placing in the over.They are GREAT!!!!!"
"At what point should the rolls be frozen? Should I bake all rolls as directed or freeze the dough after dividing onto thirds? We baked 1/3 of the dough and froze the other 2/3rds."
"Can the rollsbe made with applesauce instead of the oil?"
"This is a delicious recipe! Faster than most roll recipes since the dough only has to rise one time."
"Delicou crecent rolls . Good for freezing too. Use quick rise yeast."
"light and buttery...watch time to make sure they come out golden and not too dark...freezes well....would definitely make again..."
"I made these buns and was not happy with the results at all.First off I found the buns burned on the bottom. My second batch I turned the oven down by 50 degrees. We didn't like the texture. I followed the recipe both times to a tee. Is something missing? Also I used two different brands of yeast,thinking it was my yeast."