- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; brush with butter. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Simply-a-Must Dinner Rolls
Sort By :
This recipe is a keeper. I do this in my bread machine. Thank You for sharing ! Rockland Baker
Experimented with this recipe before Thanksgiving among others and it was the winner. Did cut back a touch on the sugar. Split into fourths to roll out and my family has devoured every batch!
These were good. I used a little too much sugar in this recipe, but otherwise they turned out fantastic. I can't wait for another dinner where I can make these as a side.
This was a fantastic recipe. I let them rise a little billte longer, used 1/2 cup of butter instead of oil and bushed with butter before placing in the over.
They are GREAT!!!!!
At what point should the rolls be frozen? Should I bake all rolls as directed or freeze the dough after dividing onto thirds? We baked 1/3 of the dough and froze the other 2/3rds.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Rolls >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rolls >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >