Simple Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Spending time in the kitchen has never been my hobby. When I got married and started a family, it became a necessity. This simple by satisfying soup makes me look like a fabulous cook!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan combine the broth, water and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. In a small saucepan, saute onions in butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper until blended. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into rice mixture. Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 348 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC