Simple Turtle Cheesecake
Need a dessert in minutes? Disguise a store-bought cheesecake with homemade ganache and caramel. It's simple and special!Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 frozen New York-style cheesecake (30 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate. Place chocolate chips in a small
- bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup cream just to a boil. Pour
- over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly,
- stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans.
- Refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is
- dissolved. Stir in remaining cream and return to a boil. Remove from
- heat. Serve warm with cheesecake or, if desired, cool completely and
- drizzle over cheesecake. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 585 calories, 40 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.