Simple Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
For an almost instant dessert, I spread homemade ganache and caramel sauce over pre-made cheesecake. It makes the holidays feel slightly less hectic. —Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
- 1 frozen New York-style cheesecake (30 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1. Place cheesecake on a serving plate. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining cream and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Serve warm with cheesecake or, if desired, cool completely and drizzle over cheesecake. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 585 calories, 40 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC